Happy New Year and welcome to 2017!
RMES had a busy year as usual. Our all-volunteer organization ran 351 calls in 2016 - nearly one each day of the year.
Here is a breakdown of the call types:
- 216 of them were medical co-responses supporting AHS EMS.
- 46 of them were fire-related,
- 62 were rescues of some sort,
- 17 were hazardous materials incidents,
- the remaining 10 calls were of 'other' types which don't fit into the above categories.
Our trucks were busy as follows:
- The busiest truck, as always, was 120 Rescue, going on 244 responses in 2016.
- Second busiest was 120 Rapid Response, taking 89 calls.
- Third busiest was 120 Engine, the fire pumper, going to 47 calls.
Your volunteers responded into the townsite of Redwood Meadows 54 times this year, the hamlet of Bragg Creek 54 times as well, and other parts of Rocky View County 124 times.
We also provided service onto the Tsuut'ina First Nation 52 times and Kananaskis Country 61 times. We responded into the Municipal District of Foothills 5 times.
Our busiest fire call type was burning complaints, owing to the extremely dry conditions in May with fire bans in place all over the province.
Our busiest medical call type, other than motor vehicle collisions, was traumatic injuries, again to be expected with the high volume of recreation that goes on in our region.
All the best to everyone out there and have a great 2017!